The mission of GetKnit is to create a platform for local businesses to work together on signature experiences that highlight their businesses, services, and products in new and interactive ways. Our approach is to create unique and affordable events that inspire participants to tread fully on their local surroundings and challenge them to engage in something outside of their normal routine. We are the thread that knits our community together.
- Live large and tread fully on our surroundings
- Inspire our community to get out and explore
- Give back to the communities we inhabit
- Stay local and support small businesses, programs, and communities
- Bring together people from the community and local businesses
- Trust our team, partners and ourselves to put forth their best
- Honor our participants, partners, and team members in all we do
GetKnit engages people of all kinds from all different walks of life. Not limited by status, kinship, or background, we encourage anyone and everyone to join us on-event as we explore our surroundings in new and exciting ways.
GetKnit collaborates with local businesses and non-profits in an effort to contribute to their missions and overall success. Every organization that we work with is, and always will be, local. By supporting these businesses and providing them with new and exciting avenues to engage the public and private groups, we aim to be an active force in keeping our communities vibrant and diverse.
WHAT’S WITH THE NAME?
Knit /nit/ (v):
- to link firmly or closely.
- to grow together.
It’s simple, we want to help our community grow. We want to bring people together. We want to bring people to local businesses. We want to bring local businesses together. We believe that if we can bring our community together, we can grow together. We would love to have you join us in this mission. Let’s GetKnit!
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING
“GetKnit really thinks of everything to the last detail.”
“All staff members were friendly and easy to chat with. They had the perfect number of participants and breweries to keep things smooth, not to busy, and quick moving. I would definitely do this event again in the future!”
“The St. Croix River Valley wine tour was amazing. Our GetKnit guides were friendly, knowledgeable, and entertaining.”
“The GetKnit team members are so full of life and joy which spills over to everyone at the event. They pay attention to detail and take great care to make sure that your event is everything you hope for and more. Thanks GetKnit Team!”
“The North Shore Brewery Tour is FANTASTIC! Any beer lover should consider the trip!”
“The attention to detail is fabulous with the staff at Get Knit. We have been on the Duluth Brewery tour twice now and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. We are looking forward to doing more fun things with GetKnit!!!!!”
“After 10 weeks in my new home, I went on my first road trip, only I didn’t need to do any driving! I had previously heard about a daylong organized bus tour to breweries in Duluth. Since it was an organized craft beer tour to a place I had never been yet known for craft beer, I jumped at the chance. And I’m pleased to say, the Get Knit North Shore Brewery Tour and our hosts did not disappoint.”
CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER
JOIN OUR TEAM OF GURUS
GetKnit Events offers a dynamic and fun work environment, that puts a strong emphasis on empowering its team of ‘Local Gurus’ both on and off event. Currently we are looking for:
GetKnit Brand Ambassador (aka “GetKnit ‘Junior’ Guru”)
Contract Employee – Day Staff
On-site Event Execution
We are looking for talented individuals to join the GetKnit Events team as brand ambassadors. GetKnit is a Twin Cities based events and tour company focused on group outings that feature local businesses. Services include public events, corporate events, and volunteer events.
This is a contract employee position, and candidates can expect to work approximately one to two events every few months starting immediately after hire. These positions will work exclusively on weekends, assisting with all of our mid-sized and large-scale events and festivals. This position is a contract employee position and will work alongside our event staff to help bring our events to life.
Candidates should be hard working, personable, detail-oriented, adaptable, resourceful, and possess strong leadership skills. Successful brand ambassador day-staffers will have the ability to manage logistics, provide outstanding customer service, and work enthusiastically in a constantly changing, fast paced, and stressful environment. The desire to work as part of a tight-knit team and a proven commitment to excellence are musts.
- Passion for the state of Minnesota and strong desire to build community with its people and businesses
- High energy and engaging personality
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Excellent communication skills, including written and public speaking
- Proven success working as part of a team with a variety of staff and volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work assignments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with high professionalism
- Dependable and responsible
- Previous event or promotional experience is a big plus
- These positions require the ability to work long hours in a physically demanding environment and the ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
Email your cover letter and resume to ‘email@example.com’
GetKnit, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.